When you think about keeping your family’s smiles safe, what sorts of images come to mind? A toothbrush with toothpaste? Floss? A bottle of mouthwash? Or perhaps you imagine x-rays, a dental chair, or the special teeth cleaning tools your dental hygienist uses.
All of these possibilities have something in common: They’re all essential to a well-rounded oral hygiene routine, and they’re all components of general dentistry.
At Elk Grove Smile Center, Dr. Advani and our clinical team provide top-notch services for general dentistry in Elk Grove Village, IL. We strive to be your family’s go-to dental office for all your needs, including teeth cleanings, fillings, dental x-rays, fluoride rinses, and more.
- A Healthy Smile Begins in the Home
- Prevent Future Oral Health Problems With Consistent General Dentistry Treatments
- Your Elk Grove Village Dentist Is on Your Team
- Comprehensive Dental Care Beyond the Basics
- Make Appointments for Your Family’s General Dentistry in Elk Grove Village
A Healthy Smile Begins in the Home
Practically everyone knows the fundamental habits that contribute to healthy smiles:
- Brushing teeth at least twice per day for at least two minutes each time
- Flossing every night
- Eating a healthy diet
- Drinking plenty of water and avoiding sugary drinks
- Rinsing with mouthwash
- Avoiding tobacco products
Yet, despite this common knowledge about how to keep teeth clean, so many people seem unable to comply. An estimated 60 percent of Americans don’t floss regularly or at all, while many others drink soda daily or only brush their teeth for thirty seconds at a time.
If you want a healthy smile that will last a lifetime, the process begins in your own home. While your at-home oral hygiene is not the only aspect that will influence how healthy your smile is, your daily brushing habits play a significant role in the way your oral health develops.
For you and your family, healthy smiles will develop as a result of consistent, diligent dental care.
To develop better, stronger oral hygiene habits, you only need to commit a few minutes of each day. Our Elk Grove Village dentist encourages you to:
- Rinse your mouth with water after every snack or meal
- Replace juice, alcohol, energy drinks, and sodas with water
- Set a timer to make sure you and your children are spending at least two minutes each time you brush your teeth
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and gentle brush strokes, tilting the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle off of your gum line
- Stop smoking and avoid the use of any tobacco products, as these will cause tooth decay and promote gum disease in your mouth
- Use proper flossing techniques by moving the floss in a “U” or “C” shape around each tooth
- Limit the sugar in your diet and, when you do indulge, enjoy a dessert with a meal and a glass of water rather than on its own
- Thoroughly clean your tongue at least once per day with either your toothbrush or a dental tongue scraper
- Rinse with an anti-cavity mouthwash
For more easy ideas on how to keep your teeth happy and promote a healthy lifestyle in your home, contact our general dentist today at (847) 437-3250.
Prevent Future Oral Health Problems With Consistent General Dentistry Treatments
Why is general dentistry so important? Because preventive dental care is cheaper, simpler, and less painful than restorative dental care.
When you stay on top of your regular dental appointments and visit your Elk Grove Village general dentist every six months, you’re investing in your smile. It’s exponentially easier to prevent a dental problem than it is to treat or mitigate a dental problem. Simple, inexpensive dentistry visits protect your smile and give you a defense against decay and injury.
We know you want to protect your family’s teeth from harm, and we believe the best way to accomplish this is with excellent general dentistry. Brushing and flossing every day at home is crucial, but it’s not enough on its own. You still need the help of professional dental cleanings and regular exams, because our professional dental instruments clean and protect your teeth in a way that at-home dental care cannot.
Our dental appointments go beyond the basics of brushing and flossing, providing you with thorough and well-rounded dental treatment.
When you and your family visit us in Elk Grove Village, we will:
- Examine and screen you for signs of oral cancer
- Take updated dental x-rays as needed to diagnose cavities or evaluate positions of your teeth
- Perform deep full-mouth cleanings to remove plaque build-up
- Check for evidence of gum disease, loose teeth, or oral infection
- Determine if you have any of your wisdom teeth and whether they may need extraction
- Polish and clean your teeth to help them shine and feel healthier
These treatments, among others, will fortify your teeth and add a layer of protection against dental decay. If you combine your devotion to excellent dental habits in your home with a commitment to visiting your dentist at least twice each year, you give your smile the best chance it can have.
Your Elk Grove Village Dentist Is on Your Team
General dentistry matters so much because it’s the foundation of every successful dental treatment plan. Your general dentist in Elk Grove Village is responsible for improving your family’s overall dental health by providing treatments that make a difference to your smile.
At Elk Grove Smile Center, we offer general dentistry treatments such as:
- Pediatric dentistry
- Adult dentistry
- Tooth-colored dental fillings
- Gum grafting and gum disease treatment
- Tooth crowns
- Dental bridges
And so much more! We are always on your team, and we push for you to have the absolute best general dentistry care available. You can trust that we’ll advocate only for treatments that will benefit your smile and your oral health. We always have your best interest in mind!
Comprehensive Dental Care Beyond the Basics
By now, you understand that our dental team values the foundational basics of general dentistry. We wholeheartedly believe that each one of our patients can benefit from regular teeth cleanings and routine dental x-rays, but we also recognize that sometimes your smile needs a little more love and attention.
If you have concerns about your smile or know that you need dental treatment above and beyond the scope of preventive, general procedures, we can still help. At Elk Grove Smile Center, we offer different types of treatment options in addition to general dentistry.
At our dental office, some of the additional treatments we can provide include:
- Routine and wisdom tooth extractions
- Bone grafting
- Emergency dentistry
- Dental sedation
- BOTOX and TMJ treatment
- Professional teeth whitening
- Root canal treatment
- Invisalign and traditional orthodontics
Dr. Advani is happy to speak with you if you have questions about the other dental treatments available to you at Elk Grove Smile Center. We can provide information about these additional services at any time!
Make Appointments for Your Family’s General Dentistry in Elk Grove Village
Our general dentist, Dr. Vishal Advani, is accepting new patients at our Elk Grove Village dental office. If your family is due for their next dental cleanings, we invite you to call us today at (847) 437-3250.
Remember, the best way to protect your smile is to both care for it inside your own home and regularly visit your dentist’s office for routine checkups and exams.