You’ve suddenly experienced a dental emergency. You quickly called to request emergency dental care at our Elk Grove Village dental office, and you were thrilled to find out that we could get you in the same day!
Now what? It’s understandable to have a lot of questions about what to expect, especially if you’ve never had a dental emergency before.
How Emergency Dental Appointments Go
- When you arrive, you won’t be waiting long. We’ll get you in quickly to see Dr. Advani.
- We’ll probably take you straight back for x-rays so we can quickly get to the heart of the problem. The cause of pain often starts beneath the surface of the teeth and gums and can’t be seen with a regular visual exam. We want to know that we are treating the problem and not just the symptoms.
- Dr. Advani will see you, review your x-rays and perform an examination. Once the problem has been diagnosed, he will review your treatment options with you. We want you to be informed and educated about your dental health, and we won’t perform any treatment without your say so.
- You will receive treatment to stabilize the immediate problem and relieve your pain. This may include root canal therapy, a temporary restoration, or an extraction.
- You and Dr. Advani will create a treatment plan for the future. Emergency dental care is excellent when you need it, but it’s not a replacement for ongoing preventive treatment. In fact, with routine preventive care, you are far less likely to experience another dental emergency in the future!
Common Emergencies at Elk Grove Smile Center Include:
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Teeth that have been knocked loose or out
- Foreign objects stuck in the gums or between the teeth
- Loose or lost restorations like crowns or fillings
- Injuries to the soft tissues
Call our Elk Grove Village, IL Dental Office Today
If you suspect any of these problems – or if you are having pain that seemingly can’t be explained, please call us right away. We can usually get people in on the same day they call, and our goal is to relieve your pain, treat the problem, and get you back to your life!