Most people will get their wisdom teeth removed at some point in their life, and they do so for a variety of reasons.
Your wisdom teeth are the large molars in the very back of the mouth that grow in when you are an adult. Because we are no longer Neanderthals, we don’t need these teeth and removing them is often the best way to protect your oral health.
If you are suffering from pain or discomfort from your wisdom teeth, this might mean it’s time for wisdom teeth extraction at your Elk Grove Village Dentist.
Signs It May Be Time to Remove Your Wisdom Teeth
- You are feeling pain at the site of your wisdom teeth. Dental pain is never normal, and this includes your wisdom teeth.
- Your jaw feels stiff. When you open and close your mouth and feel stiffness, this could be a sign that your wisdom teeth are impacting your jaw.
- Your gums are inflamed around the site of your wisdom teeth. This is not only uncomfortable and even painful, but it can make cleaning the area difficult.
- You are experiencing sinus issues. This might sound odd, but when you have issues with your dental health, it can impact your sinuses. If you are suffering from increased congestion, for example, you might want to talk to your dentist about having your wisdom teeth extracted.
- You have cysts in your mouth. When you let your wisdom teeth go for too long, sacs of fluid can form on your gums. These cysts are not only painful, but they can lead to damage of your tooth roots if they are not treated.
Call Elk Grove Smile Center for More Information on Wisdom Tooth Extraction
If you are experiencing any of these oral issues, be sure to call your Elk Grove Village Dentist to find out if you need to have your wisdom teeth extracted. Call today!