Invisalign aligners are worn throughout the day and night, which means they must be kept clean to minimize germs and bacteria. Since they're in your mouth all the time, they can get pretty dirty!
Invisalign clear aligners are a popular alternative to traditional braces. Unlike metal brackets and wires, Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, making them more comfortable and esthetically pleasing. But how do you keep these clear aligners clean?
Below are some tips for cleaning your Invisalign clear aligners:
- Remove the aligners for eating.
- Store the aligners in a protective case when not in use.
- Do not use denture cleaner or mouthwash to clean your aligners.
- Rinse your aligners with lukewarm water before brushing, and avoid using hot water.
- Use a gentle toothbrush (and toothpaste) to brush your aligners. This toothbrush shouldn't be the one you brush your teeth with.
- Rinse your aligners thoroughly with lukewarm water after brushing.
- Dry your aligners before putting them back into your mouth.
- Soak your aligners in Invisalign's cleaning crystals. These crystals are designed to remove plaque and bacteria from your aligners, and the soak takes about 15 minutes.
- Avoid eating mints or menthol candies that can cause yellow staining on your aligners.
Finally, remember to brush your teeth before putting the aligners back in your mouth. This will help to keep your smile healthy and sparkling! By following these simple tips, you can help keep your Invisalign clear aligners clean and free of bacteria.
Invisalign in Elk Grove Village
Are you unhappy with your smile? Do you avoid photos because you're embarrassed by your teeth? When you're ready to improve your smile, call Elk Grove Smile Center in Elk Grove Village. We'll be happy to answer all of your questions, including how to keep your aligners clean and clear!